West Norfolk Music Centre has a vacancy for a music educator to lead our choirs, with the possibility of offering individual singing or instrumental tuition.
We operate a Saturday music centre during school term, and our ensembles include two small choirs: a youth choir and a community choir (our ‘senior choir’). The youth choir attracts singers aged around 7-14, and the community choir members are mostly adults and teenagers. The choirs perform at our own concerts (which are at the end of each term) and occasionally elsewhere.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an accomplished musician with a broad range of musical knowledge and skills including singing and choral skills.
- Be a confident and engaging conductor and group leader.
- Be able to commit to regular attendance 30 Saturday mornings a year, and at our concerts on the last Saturday afternoon of term.
The role will involve:
- Choosing suitable repertoire for the choirs
- Preparing the choirs through rehearsals for performances of a high standard
- Developing members’ singing and choral skills and maintaining high standards in all aspects of choir participation
We are also likely to offer the successful candidate the chance to provide individual singing lessons (and, subject to the candidate’s skills and member demand, instrumental tuition) to Music Centre members.
We will require a satisfactory DBS check, and we will also require you to register with the DBS update service (for which we will cover the fee if you are not already registered).
This role is self-employed and will be paid at an hourly rate dependent on qualifications/experience (£25 with a degree-level qualification in music and/or as a qualified teacher).
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact our chair Derek Stringer at email@example.com or on 07752 181 781.
To apply, please send your CV, along with an email telling us what you would bring to this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 18 August. Our first rehearsal after the summer break will be on Saturday 17 September and we are planning to run an open day on 29 October in addition to our usual term dates.